John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thankful Thursday 5-19-11

This week's Top Ten:

1. God’s Grace.  It has got me this far… I know it will keep me going.


2. Forgiveness and Mercy. Thank you Jesus!

3. John. This past week has been an amazing week in our marriage. We will be married for five years in a couple of weeks and I can honestly say it just gets better.

4. My sons. Who on Earth knew that a nine year old and a three year old could hold my heart in their little bitty hands? I could have never imagined such love. It absolutely overwhelms my soul to think of it and to know that this is a sliver of what our Heavenly Father feels for each of us.

5. Desire to Do Better. I am thankful that Callum is getting to the point where he desires to do better in school and in life. I am proud of some of the things I have heard him say in the last 24 hours. Mostly, the things I have seen him do. After all, actions do speak louder than words.

6. Sweet Friends and Church Family. I love them so much. A few friends from church have recently become so dear to my heart and I am truly thankful for the Lord putting us “together”.

7. Time. This past week we had my parents over for dinner and after dinner while I was putting the icing on the cake the kids talked my parents into playing some games on the Wii. They all had a blast! They even ate their cake in the living room because they didn’t want to stop playing. Those…are good memories that will last a lifetime.

8. Change. I have witnessed a change in myself and in someone else who is very close to my heart and I am so happy about it. I have watched my dad go from a somewhat gruff,tell-it-like-it-is man to a sweet and caring man over the past few months. He has always cared for others and helped others out but he has taken it to a new level lately. I am just proud of him. He even tried to nurse some baby birds, that had gotten separated from their momma, back to health. He went and bought some kind of worms and bird seed from the pet store and sought their advice on what to do for them. He fed those baby birds with the boys by holding a little bitty worm in tweezers and putting it in their little mouths. My dad has always been sweet and loving but I guess you would just have to know him to see how sweet this is. He is like the gentle giant now. John and I even saw him singing in church the other morning!

9. Cooks.com. I love this website. I just recently had some cake that was chocolate with peanut butter icing. I looked up went and bought the ingredients and Voila! I have now made an icing from scratch. It was pretty good too!

10. Off Days! Planned off days. Even if you have a little bit of “business” to take care of it is so good to have an off day that you aren’t taking care of a sick person or stuck inside due to weather. Looking forward to tomorrow!

**I list it as this week's Top Ten because... I have so many more things that I am thankful for!**
  
                                                  

1 comment:

Thank you for your sweet comment!