John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Friday, May 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday 5-12-11

My list for this week is as follows:

1. God's patience. He is so patient with us. I imagine him like a parent who is potty training their child. Just trying to get us to met the goal but being rewarding and patient along the way.

2. Jesus as my Strong Tower. So happy to know that I can lean on Him any time during any day. I love the peace I feel when I just sink into Him and let Him lift my head and point out all the good things I am blessed with. Thank you Lord!

3. My Family. Immendiate and Distant. I love each and every single person and I pray for them daily. I am so blessed to get to come home at the end of long (and sometimes hard) days and see three sweet little boy and one man who love me and can put a smile on my face no matter what has happened to me that day.

4. Time. This past weekend I got to spend some time with my grandmother. I haven't spent time with her in ( I am ashamed to say) I don't know when. It was so nice. She told me a couple of stories about her childhood that I didn't know and I remembered why I need to make time for her. It was a very special few hours.

6. Nursery. I never thought I would type that. I am in absolute LOVE with the babies in the nursery at church. We are on rotation every 4 or 5 weeks John and I volunteer in the nursery and those babies are the topic of many of our conversations. They are the absolute sweetest babies ever! (We love the parents too!)

7. Confidence. I am so proud of the confidence that I have seen out of Callum and Kobe lately. I am very proud of them. I couldn't write the words to express how my heart soars to see them proud of themselves as well.

8. Compliments. I tend to get compliments on how I have my home decorated. That is always nice. But, my most favorite compliments are when people compliment my family. I have had several people compliment my children (and John and myself as well) over the past week. It really means a lot when others see things in your children that you see. Every single day when I pick up Samuel from daycare they tell me that he has been the best little boy in the whole room! I LOVE hearing good things about my family.

9. Change. Change is not always a bad thing. I have watched a change in my family over the past few months and I am so happy to see it... I have prayed for this for a long time. I love answered prayers!

10. Sales. Samuel wants hot dogs at his birthday party (of course! What else could there be???). Hot dogs are on sale for $0.75 this week! Looks like we will have PLENTY of hot dogs.

I am feeling extra blessed this week so I am going to do a number 11...

Friends. I am so thankful for my true friends. I can not say that enough. Friends that I will go to in the middle of the night if they needed or just wanted me for some reason. Friends that would do the same for me.

                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!