John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Guys Just Wanna Have Fun Too

Sometimes I play in the house with my boys. Sometimes I play in the yard and at the park with my kids. Sometimes I sit out on the porch and just watch the kids play. Sometimes I go back and forth between watching them play and other things such as dinner and laundry. During the times that I am not interacting directly with them, sometimes those two little boys decide to come up with a "new game" to play that would never be allowed if I were playing. For example, I have been buying a LOT of juice boxes lately. I have been thinking "Wow, they LOVE these juice boxes" and they do. But that's not the reason I have been buying so many lately. For some of you who know me personally, you know that my house sits in the middle of two lots. Which means, our side yard is HUGE. So, naturally, that is the boys' favorite place to play. It was one of those days where I was outside with them and checking in on them as I did other things as well. On this particular day I kept noticing them both running in and out with two juice boxes each several times. I would tell them that they just needed one and they would say "Oh this is for Sam (or Kobe)". Each time I walked out they were in the same spot. Not fighting. Getting along famously. That in itself (for two brothers) is enough to make a mommy wonder what is going on out there.  But the problem was this: I could only see their little backs due to the fact that the LARGE tree in our side yard was blocking my full view. I decided I might need a closer look. As I approached I noticed a string of empty juice boxes with straws still attached. Then I saw plastic spoons. Then I noticed what they were doing. We have an apple tree in our yard. It is in the back corner of our property. The boys LOVE eating those little apples. They figured one apple tree was good but two would be great. They had picked some apples off of the tree. Used plastic spoons to dig holes in the ground to "plant the apples" into. And yes, you guessed it, the apple juice was to "grow the trees". Why would they use apple juice boxes to "grow trees". Well, they wanted apple trees, of course. Well, that and the water hose wouldn't reach that far. I wasn't mad. I mean, in all reality, that is smart thinking. I also chuckled about the fact that I decorated their room around a painting of that special apple tree in our yard. It has the scripture Psalm 17:8 "Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of  your wings". So, I left those apples half way planted in the dirt and they will remain there until something else causes them to come out of the Earth. I giggle each time I see those apples now.


There are other times (illustrated in the pictures below) that I walk out to check in on them and I can think is to call and just "make for sure" that our insurance is active and they are indeed fully covered because all I can do is gasp.
You just have to know my two to know how truly dangerous this could end up

Samuel's "trick"

Almost dangerous but he saved himself!

Then the "I'm so cool" look because he nearly hurt himself!

"Daredevil"




These two boys are truly little blessings to me. They keep me on my toes. They keep me thinking. They are the absolute World to me. The world would be very boring without little boys and thier ideas. I feel so honored to get to experience these funny little things they do each and every day!



 I am adding one more picture in "just because". It is of Kobe and his little friend Austyn on field day. Just being guys...and having fun!
Kobe and Austyn on Field Day at McBride Elementary School
3rd Grade

1 comment:

Thank you for your sweet comment!