John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Friday, April 1, 2011

This Month's Mumblings--March

Me: Kobe turn that lamp off
Kobe: Mom, I don't know how!
Me: Come on, Kobe surely you know how to cut off that lamp
Kobe: Mom! I am not a Mom or a girl... I don't know how to do stuff like this!

Me: Samuel, you didn't get all of your toys picked up. Get this gun up out of the dining room floor!
Samuel: This is NOT a gun... it's a lightsaber! (except he says lightsaver!)

Samuel: "Yep, I am ready for "kinder-garbage"! All Sam has talked about lately is going to school and getting to kindergarten!

Samuel: Mom, guess what I did for the very first time today at school?
Me: What? (thinking he was going to say wrote his name, etc)
Samuel: I ate a leaf on the playground. A real one. But don't worry, it was a wittle (little) one!

Kobe: Mom, help me figure out what will match these shorts.
Me: Kobe, just find something that looks right with it or has the same color in it.
Kobe: Mom, I can't. That's why we have Moms!


Samuel was dragging when we went hiking the other day and so John told him that he could sit down and just stay there and we come back and get another day. He wasn't really worried about it getting dark or being scared instead he asked, "But who will make my dinner?".

My Mom and Dad gave Samuel a new electronic game system to play with and a ton of games. Sam was so excited to play them. After playing with it for a little while he came and told me we needed to get some "Double O's" ... I finally realized he meant AAs because the batteries were dead!

During a nightly prayer:

Samuel: I love you Lord, with all of my heart.
Me: OH, Samuel. He loves you too.
Samuel: I love Him even more with all of my heart for all of the day.
Samuel: Thank you Lord for dying on the cross for us.

**One thing I was thinking of lately is how Kobe used to say "My feets are cold" when he was little. I wanted to get it down so I won't forget. He also used to say lasterday for yesterday. He has always and still to this day calls his toenails... toeblades.**

Biggest Milestone for Kobe This Month: Beginning to read more challenging books and making the A Honor Roll at school. He is also coming out of his shell, for sure. He asked John to die his hair purple in a streak on the front to be like Jason Mayhem ...except his is red and Kobe wanted purple. I am proud that he is expressing his own individuality... that is something he used to not do. He is beginning to see that everything you want and love to do requires practice and is asking me to help him or let him practice certain things.He is also starting to ask me questions about the Bible and God.

Biggest Milestone for Samuel This Month: He had his first set of "professional" pictures taken. He has never wanted to and I have never made him. This time might have had to do with the fact that he got to hold a live bunny...but hey whatever works.He went back on his own at the dentist for the first time this month and they said he did great! My most favorite thing Samuel is doing this month is learning the Ten Commandments. He has the first three memorized.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! These are the kinds of things that mommies cherish so much when they get older....such a great thing to be able to look back and read about :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had done this when Kobe was little... I remember thinking that would be no way I would ever forget those sweet and cute funny little things he would say...but I have :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment!