John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Friday, April 1, 2011

Thankful Thursday 3-31-2011

A day late...but nevertheless... my top 10 for this week:


1. God. So thankful for the love of my Heavenly Father!


2. Jesus. He paid it all. Enough said.

3. My Family. So happy and blessed with the husband I was given and for being loaned this time to be Earthly parents to my children. They are truly my heart and soul.

4. Answered Prayers. It is a great feeling when you have prayed for something and then it finally happens. It may take months or years even but the Lord promises He will come through and He does!

5. My Church Family. I have grown so close to many people at Church of the Shoals. Some of them I barely know but I am so happy to have them in my life and in my children’s lives.

6. The break in normal, every day routine. I have started a new bedtime routine with the boys. I lay them down a few minutes early to allow time for it but they don’t notice and truth is… they probably wouldn’t care if they did. I start off by reading them a book. The book of choice for this week is: On The Moon. Once the book is finished I say prayers with Samuel. I help him along the way to help teach him how to say a prayer and he says the sweetest things! (Check out the Month’s Mumblings Blog) Then I go to Kobe and pray with him. Once I am done praying with them and helping with their prayers I pray over them. Then I rub Samuel’s back until he falls asleep and then I rub Kobe’s back until he is asleep. I like it… I think I will keep doing this.

7. Home. So thankful for our home. It is so much more than just a house. Which makes me think of being thankful for mine and John’s jobs. Which makes me think of being thankful for our cars to get us all where we need to go.

8. Rainey Family Cinema Night. I am So thankful for time I get to spend with my babies. Always. It is fun to make a concession stand and charge “kisses and hugs” for popcorn and candy and drinks and then have a nice time watching a movie as a family.

9. Friends. I am realizing that the “real” friends are few and far between and those that you thought were …aren’t. But, I am glad that I am also realizing that we don’t meet all of our friends we will ever have or be able to consider “real friends” during our school years. Some of the *best* friends and truest friends may come later in life.

10. Boiled Eggs. I LOVE boiled eggs. Yes, they stink. But they are so good with a piece of brown toast for breakfast. YUMMY!
                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!