John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Resurrection Weekend

Yesterday we went to our church's Easter Egg Hunt and Family Picnic. It was so much fun to be able to watch the kids play together and to be able to talk and hang out with good friends! Kobe and Samuel both found the 1st place prize egg and were so happy to get a money prize! John and I really love our church and so do all of the kids! They each have different reasons why they love our church so much. We feel very blessed to be involved in such a loving church family and to love each and every single one of them as well.


This morning I was woken up by the sound of a sweet little voice asking me, "Mommy, can we please play with our toys in our Easter "Bastets" (how Sam says basket). I say of course and get on up. John and I left Kobe and Callum in charge and went on our morning jog. We get to walk and jog and talk...without interruption and with the older two being here (and the dogs coupled with the fact we stay in our neighborhood and are only gone for thirty minutes) we get to enjoy some "us time"! When we got back we looked and saw what all the Easter Rabbit had brought to the boys and then we began to get ready for church. We left early to make sure we got seats inside the sanctuary instead of sitting in the overflow section... either is fine but I enjoy being in the middle of it all! After church we went to my mom and dad's house for lunch. I marinated and prepared chicken and my dad got them yesterday so that we would be ready to eat when we got out of church. Normally, my parents attend church with us but today my parents went to the Methodist church in Sheffied because my mom was singing in the choir this morning. The Methodist church gets out right at 12 so my parents knew they would have time to get lunch ready before we got out of church and got over there. We had Chicken, Ribs, Potato Salad, Baked Beans, Bread, Chips, Hot Dogs (mainly for Samuel) and my mom made Twinkie Pie! YUMMY! We had a great time hanging out. My grandparents and Uncle Greg came and it was really a fun time.



The kids loved their baskets from us and my parents. They especially loved the chocolate Easter Bunny that my grandparents gave them. The kids played and the adults talked and spent time with eachother. After a while we began to notice that Samuel (and myself) needed a nap! We gathered all of our things together and came home to relax for a while. After our nap we played and put away all of our Easter things. Today was a fun time had by all and I look forward to more days like this.

Mom's Center piece at lunch
All of us

Us

The boys

Kobe and Samuel

The infamous picture in front of our tree

Me and the guys!

John and the guys

After the Easter Bunny had come by to see us

Kobe, Callum, and Samuel's basket

We left the Easter bunny cookies and carrots

Cutie pie!
Sweet Sam


After the Egg Hunt

Sama and Kobe won first prize egg at the hunt

I thnk Sam likes what is in that egg!

Smarty pants!

Loves all the eggs in his basket

Before the church Easter Egg Hunt
The Easter wreath I made for our front door



At his school egg hunt

Ready for some egg hunting!





























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!