John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Be A Cheerful Giver

As most of you know, areas that surround us have been hit hard by the tornadoes last week and left a lot of people with absolutely nothing except the clothes on their backs. My dad quickly advertised the business he owns as a drop off location. He began deeming it as a drop off location late Thursday night and by Saturday morning when they pulled out onto the road to deliver the supplies they had two trailers, two SUVs, and two truck beds full.I went late Friday evening and bought all I could on what money I had collected through out the day and my mom and I both pitched in to make it even more. We bought a lot of baby supplies and toiletries. We threw in some batteries, flashlights, paper plates, snacks for the kids, formula, pull ups, wipes, baby cereal, baby food, and I couldn't help but buy those babies some chocolate chip cookies and gummies. At my house, that always brings a smile. While my mom and I shopped, John, Callum,Kobe, and Samuel accepted donations and loaded them up on the trailers. Early this morning the boys went for breakfast with my dad and then headed out to deliver supplies to those who needed them. Samuel and I stayed behind and gathered clothes,books, toys, and coloring books for the some victims at a local hotel. We took them over and I prayed for peace and comfort for all in that were in the hotel as I walked the perimeter of the building. My heart goes out to them and cries out to Jesus to show them His glory! The boys had a very eye opening experience today. I am so thankful that they went and learned about giving and helping others. We are instructed to love our neighbors and help those who are in need. This community has displayed these principles more than I could have ever expected. It is awesome! He is STILL God of this city and greater things are yet to come and greater things are STILL TO BE DONE in this city. Please continue to pray and help these victims. They will need help for far longer than we could possibly imagine. They have lost everything. The boys have shared stories with me today and thoughts that I am so proud to hear them tell and I am so thankful of the young men they are becoming. I have reminded them that when we give, we are to give and let it be to HIS glory, not our own glory. They understand that and I am most thankful for that. I have told them that the Lord loves a cheerful giver. Maybe that's why they haven't been able to wipe the smiles from their faces all day long. It is truly better to give than to receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!