John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

And... it was still here....

I have sat in my office all day long today wishing I were at home with my boys. I was wishing adults got a Spring Break from life! When I got home this afternoon I began picking up the house and cleaning the kitchen and getting ready to start a few items in the laundry room when I decided... It can wait! I said out loud as I was rinsing dishes off "It Can Wait!"! I packed a picnic dinner and took the boys to the playground up the street and had a surprise picnic "wunch" (lunch in Samuel's language---he calls every meal lunch). We spread our blanket out and got our sandwiches and chips out and just talked about what all we did today and how much we missed eachother... then we played. I pushed the boys on the swings and they pushed me and then they slid down the slides and had a running race. It was a lot of fun. It cost me nothing. It was worth more than anything. A picnic basket+1 1/2 hours+ me and my boys = fun memory made. They didn't want to come home but I knew we had to and when I got home... I looked around and I saw laundry, dirty dishes, and a floor that needed cleaned and it was still here.... And I am so glad they were because those moments I chose to get out of the house and do something with my babies are gone forever and I can never get those back but this dirt and these chores won't go anywhere... and since they aren't in a hurry and they want to stay around for a while... I believe we will have a movie night. And guess what? It will all still be here...

Kobe's Dinner: Mesquite Turkey sandwich, BBQ Pringles, Orange Lavaburst Juice Box, pineapples

Sweet Brothers!

We walked and walked until we found the PERFECT picnic spot!

My picnic basket!

Our picnic

Samuel's dinner: bologna and cheese sandwich, Pizza Pringles, Orange Lavaburst Juice Box, and pineapples

Our self portrait...


1 comment:

Thank you for your sweet comment!