John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday 03-17-2011

And the winners for this week are.....


1. God's Ultimate Sacrifice. Thank you Father for sacrificing your only Son for all of our sins! Thank you Lord!

2 Corinthians 9:15
Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!


2. Jesus' Ultimate Gift. Thank you Jesus for the gift of an everlasting life.

3. My Husband and Children. WOW! I love these guys more and more each and every day! I am so proud of each of them and their big and small accomplishments. I am so grateful for a husband who works hard and still has time to play around in the floor and makes time to have movie nights with me!

4. My Church Family. I feel so blessed to have Church of the Shoals in my life. I am so thankful for each pastor and each and every single person there!

5. A LOW GAS BILL! We haven't had the heat on in a little while so our gas bill dropped considerably and I am so glad!

6. Motivation. This week I have began to walk every morning. Well, ok, not every morning but I did Saturday and Sunday and today. I have walked three miles each day. Me and Chief go out early in the morning and we walk and he brushes up against my arm to get a little bit of extra petting and I pray the whole time. It is like having Jesus as my fitness partner... I am really enjoying it. I really hope I can keep this up.

7. Crsip Air. This morning as Chief and I walked the air was SO crisp and it felt so good to just be able to take a big deep breath of air and feel the breeze blow across my face.

8. Answered Prayers. In HIS time. I prayed all morning Saturday that someone would be placed in my life that needed me to help lead them to Jesus. It is easy for me to invite my friends to church and people I know... but I mean a totally random stranger. All day Saturday as I was out and about I just kept thinking "this is it!" and it never came. I wasn't disappointed, I just knew that it wasn't "time". Sunday morning at church as Pastor Bill called for those who needed to accept Jesus to come to the alter a lady sitting directly behind me and once seat over stood up... I had my hand across the back of the empty seat next to mine. She grabbed it and held on to it. Pastor Bill then asked for them to come down. She tugged my hand a little and I knew this was "it"! She wanted me to walk with her. That is a little scary and nerve racking to some and so I went with her and got to pray with her and hug her and love on her. When we were done she kissed my cheek and told me thank you for walking with her because she didn't want to do it alone. Even though that didn't happen like I thought it would... the Lord knew where I was needed! Thank you Lord!

9. Devotionals. I am thankful for these devotions I have been reading in my book, "Be Still and Let Your Nail Polish Dry". It seems like each devotional I read prepares me for something that happens in the week. Whether it is directly to me or whether a friend needs a word of encouragement and I can remember the scripture and quote it to them or tell them a story that may help them feel better.

10. Raisins. I love Raisins as a topping on my salad! YUMMY! So thankful for that little tiny change up in everyday routine...

Ephesians 5:20
Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ

                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!