John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Five on Friday 03-04-2011

This Friday... I was SO busy that I just didn't have time to get to this post and then once I got home from work I had to immediately leave for dinner plans... so it is late... but it is done. The boys have each had fun filled weeks at school with different things planned for "Read Across America" Week and to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday with that said....I got the link HERE if you would like to participate and create your own Friday 5 blog.



This Week's Topic: There’s a Wriday on Your Friday


In case you missed it, Wednesday was Dr. Seuss’s birthday! In honor of the good Dr., here are some questions inspired by his books!



1.Dr. Seuss’s first published book was And to Think That I Saw it on Mulberry Street!. What’s the most interesting thing you’ve witnessed on your street? ** Probably had to be the time that I walked outside and saw Kobe pushing his GIANT Tonka truck down the ditch... with Buster in it, or the time I walked up on Samuel tying his tricycle to his wagon with a jump rope and trying to tie Buster int he wagon to go for a ride, or just today when I saw John hitting the side of a gas can with a plastic golf club to "scare the birds out of our yard"... I guess we are "those neighbors". Not much interesting happens... except at our house.**

2.In The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins, a boy removes his hat to pay respect to the passing king, but each hat is somehow replaced by a bigger, fancier hat. If you’re a hat person, what’s your current favorite?If not, under what circumstances did you last wear a hat? ** I am not a hat person. I think that last time I wore a hat was back in January when it snowed so much and we spent the day outside playing... I wore a navy blue tobaggon.**

3.In If I Ran the Zoo…, a boy fantasizes about how fantastic the zoo would be under his administration. What’s your local zoo like, and how do you like it? ** We don't have a "local zoo" unless you consider Wal-Mart (ok, not that funny). Birmingham zoo is the closest. My parents and I took the boys last summer I believe it was and it was fun. They enjoyed it. As far as zoos go... it was nice and a fun time was had by all. Especially at the end when they got to play in the water and foam.**

4.In Green Eggs and Ham, the main character refuses to taste a certain dish until, just to get Sam to leave him alone, he gives in and discovers that he likes it. When did something like this happen to you? ** I have always said I didn't like cooked carrots. As a baby, Kobe loved them. I cooked them for him once and tried them and now I LOVE them.**

5.The Foot Book contains a lesson about judging others based on their feet. Feet seem to be something people have widely polar opinions about! How do you feel about feet, and can you think of someone in your life who has especially nice feet? ** I don't care for looking, feeling, or touching other people's feet... unless it is Samuel's. He still has cute baby feet and I adore them!**

**Just for fun and the memory of it: Our favorite Dr. Seuss book to read is The Cat In the Hat and Oh the Place You Will Go... we read The Tooth Book before going to the dentist for fun.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!