John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Monday, February 14, 2011

V.A.L.E.N.T.I.N.E. --That spells Valentine you see....

Valentine's Day started off a little early for our family this year. Samuel's Sunday school class had a Valentine's Day Party and they were asked to bring Valentine cards and have an exchange with their friends and enjoy some refreshments with each other. Samuel's Sunday school teachers are wonderful. We absolutely LOVE the McCuthcheon's. They love the children and the children adore them. They really go above and beyond for the children. Samuel made us a magnet with his Bible verse on it and a perfect Valentine's Day card. He was so proud of his Valentine's Day cards he brought home.

            

On Valentine's Day morning, I woke up extra early because I wanted to make my boys their "most favorite" breakfast of cinnamon rolls. They were so happy... they said this feels like a special day... and I wanted it to be a very special day for them. They both had parties at school so we had worked hard to get everything together the night before. We labeled cards and fixed the teacher's gifts. Callum decided he was a little too old to take a gift to each teacher but he did take the time to sit down and write a nice note in some cute little Valentine Cards we bought for the teachers.

Kobe's Valentines for his class



Samuel's Tattoo Valentines for his class

I dropped them off at school and went to work. When I arrived, I had been left some very sweet little treats by different people I work with. It was so sweet of them to think of me.


A few hours later, I was very busy and wishing that the day would hurry up and be done so I could get home to my family and have a fun evening with them... when my phone rang. It was my Dad. He asked me to please come outside to my car. I met him out there and he gave me flowers. My Dad knows how much I adore roses, so he brought me a dozen. I guess that no matter how old I get I will always get a special Valentine from my dear old Dad, and honestly, I look forward to it and wonder what he will bring each year. I actually thought of it this morning...

Finally, the work day was done and I could hurry home to my sweet little Valentines and my One True Love! I got home and began making our double chocolate brownies and our Strawberry Cake with Strawberry icing... pink to be festive, of course! We then baked our heart shaped pizzas and while everything was baking I set the table for the boys. I put out a plate with a Valentine Card on each plate (for a free donut from Krispy Kreme---their favorite!) I wrote a special little message on each one. The Valentine served as their place card. I have been working on a special poem and note to each one of my boys. Something that is only between the two of us. I typed their name vertically on the page and then used each letter of their name to tell something about them that really made me proud and stood out to me about them. I then wrote a special little note at the bottom,included a picture of the two of us together, framed it, and put heart stickers on it for decoration. I set those up on one side of their plate and a little bag of goodies on the other side. In the middle of the table was our heart shaped pizza. John had to work a little late so I let the boys go ahead and eat. They loved finding their seats and reading the poem I framed for them and going through their goody bags.


My parents came over to give the boys their GIANT goody bags from them. The boys then gave them a little goody from us too. It was so much fun just sitting around the table with my kids and parents. Finally, John was able to get home and I was so glad because I was missing him and had just told my Dad how much I wish he was home already. Almost on cue he walked through the door. He has been wanting some things to add to his camping gear and so I made him a "Valentine Coupon Book" that included that because of course I had no idea what to buy or where I would even begin. I included a night out to his favorite place, his favorite meal, my homemade lasagna, and of course, a massage and a date night in his book. It was fun making it for him and it actually turned out very cute! He loved it! Because he leaves so early in the mornings, I snuck out late the night before and put a card and his favorite candy, gummy bears, in his truck.

 The boys all got a surprise in the mail.... a special Valentine from Paw Paw Bruce and Diane! They were so happy to see a card with each of their names on it. They love getting their own mail. To end the night, I pampered myself with several of the products that were in my Valentine bag from John. He filled a beautiful pink striped bag from Victoria's Secret with all of my favorite bath products and got me not one but BOTH of my favorite fragrances and got me the whole set... I am so proud to have all of that new, fun, smell good, girly stuff! I have enjoyed my day with my little and "big" Valentines.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!