John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday 02-17-11

The top ten things I am thankful for this week are:

1. God! Thank you Lord for sending your only son to save us!

2. Jesus! So happy to be forgiven and promised eternal life from my Savior! Jesus is My Hero!

3. John. I love this man more and more every day. I have recently began trying to look at him the way I did before we were married. How strong and smart I thought he was and how I thought with him nothing could go wrong. After five years, it is easy to stray away from those thoughts and feelings and this is a way that helps me remember every day exactly why I love him.

4. My Boys! These boys not only mean the world to me, they are my world. I just look at them right now as Samuel is sleeping and Kobe is playing a game and my heart feels so full.I am so proud to have them in my life and so thankful that I was chosen to be thier mommy.

5. Warmer weather. I am so glad to see the snow gone and to see my kids being able to run and jump and play outside in the warm sunshine!

6. Family Nights! Tonight we went to see the Beatles/Pink Floyd Laser light show at UNA Planterium. Afterwards, we went to get an ice cream and eventhough we couldn't talk all that much during the show, I enjoyed just being with them.

7. Field Trips. I got to go with Kobe to the McWane center yesterday in Birmingham and it was so much fun. Kobe ran off with his friends most of the day and Samuel played with Kobe and his friends too. I wasn't always needed but it was nice to be there to watch them play and to be there the few times they did want/need me.

8. My Church.I am *so* thankful for Church of the Shoals and for our pastors. Pastor Bill and Pastor Chris speak to us in a way that we can understand and learn from. Samuel and Kobe are learning a lot and Samuel is not afraid to go out and spread the word of God. Bless his heart, he tells anyone that will listen to him that "Jesus died on a cross for you and for me", he sings praise and worship songs, and he says his little bible verses. Callum sits on the very front row and I catch him singing along and praising God ever so often too.I can see such a wonderful and positive change in myself and my family and I know it is partly because we are all becoming closer to God.

9. Tyson Chicken Patties. My family LOVES chicken sandwiches and with these patties, they are a quick hit. From pre-heat to eat it is less then thirty minutes and that is including toasting the buns! Add fries/chips and pickles and some pudding cups and it is a delicious quick dinner. All three boys told me how much they loved thier dinner tonight.

10. Netflix Instant Streaming. When the kids go to bed, I become a sitcom watching machine! I love watching all the old shows I never really got into or never saw but wanted to at my own pace. I love that Netflix keeps up with what season and episode I am on at the moment too!

                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!