John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday 02-10-2011

Here are the top ten things I am thankful for this week:

1.God. “He brings into existence whatever exists.”

2.Jesus. He has two nail scarred hands to show how much he loves us.

3.John. Great husband, wonderful father, hard worker, and the *best* best friend I have ever had! We are finally, after almost five years of marriage , getting the “hang of it” so to speak. We really trust eachother’s opinions and advice and are really a great parenting team. We support each other and we are really there for one another. I am *so* thankful for my marriage.

4.My boys. They really bring true joy to my life. I had no idea how much love a heart could hold until I knew I was going to be a mom.

5.Story/Singing Time. We have adopted a new habit in our house. We are now meeting in Kobe’s room every night to read a book. Each of us takes a turn at picking which story and then I read it to them. I use different voices for the characters and of course, we stop along the way and talk about the pictures or what is happening in the book. Then, we go on a Bear Hunt! They love that song and it makes me so happy to spend those twenty minutes each night with them. Just us. No Distractions. Just a Mommy with her two little boys.

6.Great Teachers. Callum’s science teacher, Mrs. Smith, WOW! She is an awesome teacher and truly cares for her students. I couldn’t say enough nice things about her. Kobe’s teacher, Mrs. Perkins, WONDERFUL! I mean, truly, the best. Samuel’s daycare teacher, Mrs. Jackie. I just couldn’t even begin to think of what all she deals with each day but every day when I get there to pick him up she is still loving on him and in a great mood so I have to give praise where praise is due! I love all of these teachers this year and I know my boys do too!

7.Our Home, Dependable Cars, and Jobs. I know I say that each week but I just truly am that thankful for these things.

8.Friendships. I have some great friends. Some of them I never see, some I rarely see, some I see all the time. Whichever category you fall in, know that I am deeply appreciative and thankful for your friendship.

9.McDonald’s Play Place in Florence. On alternating weeks we go to the Play Place inside McDonald’s to eat and play before church. Not only does this give me a quick way to feed my children before church but Samuel and Kobe have a wonderful time playing with each other and Callum and I “catch up” on what’s happening at school.

10.Last but certainly not least, my parents. I am so thankful for all they do for me and my family each and every day. My mom plays taxi cab driver to Callum and Kobe three days a week and keeps Samuel twice a week. She even throws in Potato Soup night at her house every now and then…

                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!