John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday 02-03-11

Here are the top ten things I am thankful for this week:


1.God. God created everything! He formed you in your mother’s womb. He created Heaven and Earth. There are people who do not believe this. Pastor Bill said something last night at church that has really stuck with me. I am paraphrasing of course but in a nutshell he said: For example, take a watch. Did it just appear out of thin air or do you think there was a watchmaker. Take a beautiful painting, do you think it painted itself or do you think there was an artist who created it? How about a poem? Did it write itself or do you think there was an author? Now, look at the Earth, nature, and all that is. Do you think it just happened? Do you think it created itself? Or, perhaps do you think there is a Creator? Pretty good, huh?
Jeremiah 29:11
“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

2.Jesus. “….By his stripes he’s paid our ransom From his wounds we drink salvation. He is Lord. He is Lord. Love is here. Love is now. Love is pouring from his hands and from his brows. Love is near and it satisfies. Streams of mercy flowing from his side. Love is here.” Lyrics from Love is Here by Tenth Avenue North

3.John. My partner. My friend. My love! I love when we work so well together whether it is a simple household chore or parenting one of our children. I am really thankful for him for loving us unconditionally and sacrificing a lot of even what he needs for what we want.

4.My babies! I know, there aren’t babies anymore but they will always be my babies! We have made a new “habit/ritual” for bedtime. We take turns picking out a book and then we gather in Kobe’s room and we sit in the floor and we read it and examine the illustrations and then after we sing/act out the song “Going On A Bear Hunt”. Last night Sam and Kobe were pretending that the bunk bed rungs were the tree trunks and they were climbing up , looking around for the bear, and then they would climb back down. It is a special and fun time for us to close each day with and I am so glad we started it. Tonight’s selection is my pick. “I love you forever, I’ll like you for always, as long as I’m living, my baby you’ll be.” Both of them always say those lines with me each time we get to that part in the book. I love it!

5.My Parents. Of course, I say this every week but I am truly and deeply thankful for everything they do for me. For raising me the way they did to having fun with my kids and being there for every game and every milestone.

6.Health. We are all Healthy and that is a LOT to be thankful for.

7.Our Home. It’s warm in the winter (thank goodness!) and cool in the summer and filled with love. It may not be a mansion or fancy smancy but it’s ours and we love it! I can’t leave out dependable vehicles! Thank you Lord for cars that don’t leave us stranded and gets our children where they need to go…and now, with a turn signal and brake lights since my dad (and Samuel helped) fixed my tail light!

8.Turkey/Cucumber Wraps. YUMMY! My newest favorite lunch. Wheat tortilla, mesquite smoked deli sliced turkey (Hillshire Farm), cut up cucumber, low fat chive and onion cream cheese. YUM YUM! Spread the cream cheese on the tortilla and position the turkey and cucumber down the center and roll up… delicious!

9.Answered Prayers. He answers all prayers. He just sometimes tells us “no” or “not now”… Thank you Lord for answering prayers!

10.Friends. “Even though we've changed and we're all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not all still  friends."           



                             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!