John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"S" is for Sweet Valentine.... Sort of

Yesterday, when I got to the daycare to pick Samuel up for the day, he ran as fast as his little legs could carry him and literally jumped into my arms. Every mother who has to leave their little one in the mornings knows the guilt we all feel and knows how very important this time of day is to the child, but it is especially important to the Mommy. I hugged him and he kissed me and then I headed to his cubby and got his coat and toboggan. As we were putting these items on, he began telling me he made me a “sufrise” (his special way of saying surprise since the letter “p” is a little hard for him still) and it was a “Vawentime”. I am always so proud of any and every single piece of paper he “makes” for me, even if it only has one random crayon mark across it because he made it all on his own. But, like all Mommies do, I get especially excited when he tells me about something he has made me special for a holiday. So the little Sweetie Pie takes me to his special project and it is a lavender piece of construction paper that he has made an outline of an “S” on in conversation hearts. Each child had carefully placed a different colored conversation heart along the outline of their first initial and they were all so adorable. I commented on everyone’s work and how great they all looked and then we were on our way. Samuel, of course, being the little gentleman that he is, wanted to carry my beautiful Valentine to the car for me. On the way out he accidentally dropped it and one of the hearts came off. He got upset and I eased his emotions by telling him that as soon as we got home we would glue it back on and hang it up.


Once we got home, Kobe had homework and a test to study for and since he also had a basketball game in about an hour, I decided to help him do his school work first and then glue the heart back on my Valentine. Samuel asked me no less than twenty times to “hot gwue” the heart back on and finally…..we finished Kobe’s school work in record time and I was ready to repair this cute little art project. I went to get Sam to ask him to help me and when I got back to the kitchen counter the Valentine was gone. I asked, “Where is my Valentine?” and Samuel took me straight to it. It was now on the dining room table. Only it was barely recognizable, Samuel had eaten most of the conversation hearts! At first, I was mad/sad. I told him he shouldn’t have eaten those since they had glue on them to which he replied, “Well, it didn’t taste like it to me!” I had big plans for that little Valentine. But, once I thought about it, I decided that I am still proud of the little Valentine that my sweet Samuel made and edited just for me!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness this story was too precious..love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment!