John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Thursday, February 17, 2011

On A Cross

Did you know that Jesus died on a cross for you and for me? I bet you do know that. I bet you know that I know that. But, I bet you didn't know my sweet Samuel knows that! Yesterday I took Samuel with me to the McWane Center for a field trip with Kobe's class. Samuel was witnessing the word of God to everyone that would listen! I can't help but brag on him. For whatever reason this popped into his head on the way to Birmingham and he told his Nana, out of the blus, "Jesus died on a cross for you and for me!".  He also told every child he could during lunch and while he was playing at the museum. He tells us all that "God is here and can see us but we don't see him" pretty often. I am so happy and excited that Samuel actually listens to his Sunday School teachers and to me when we talk to him about God's Love and how he expresses it to us. He will look at a flower, a tree, a moon, a rainbow, or anything and tell you that God made that for us to see. Not long ago we saw a rainbow in the sky as we were driving home for the day and he pointed at it and told us that it was a promise. When I asked him what kind of promise, he said, "No more rain!". Ok, he didn't get that one exactly right but he knew what he was trying to say. He is my little "blessing boy" at the dinner table. No ONE had better even think of taking a bite of breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even a snack before he gets his chance to say a blessing and "thank God for this food". Last night after church as we drove home some of our favorite Praise and Worship songs began playing on the radio. We were praising him and clapping and reaching towards Heaven and to my surprise, he knew almost all of the words to Chris Tomlin's song "I Will Follow". When Samuel says these things or sings along and says "That's my favorite song!" when a Christian song comes on the radio it really feels as if my heart may burst wide open. I hope he keeps this child-like love for Jesus all of his days.

1 comment:

  1. What a precious post! Even when we don't think children are paying attention, they are. It's amazing what they pick up / learn so quickly. Don't you wish we ALL had a child-like attitude / love for Jesus all the time...even as adults?! Sure would make life alot more simple :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment!