John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Sunday, February 13, 2011

May I Have This Dance?

Dance. Something that consumed my life for so many years can bring such nervous feelings and anxiety to others, that is so hard for me to imagine. But I got to witness a little bit of anxious feelings about a "dance" for the first time this past Friday night. Callum had his first dance at school. It was a Valentine's Day Dance. He was nervous but he asked a little girl to go with him and she said yes! Although I offered to pick her up and let them ride together, they decided on meeting each other at the dance. So, he got dressed and ready to go, armed with concession money, picture money, and his cell phone. He was so cute when he wanted to use John's "good cologne" and asked me if his clothes looked alright. I dropped him off and told him to have fun and drove off. Well, I drove off after I watched him make it safely inside. I was nervous for him all night! When I got there to pick him up, of course I asked how it went. My heart sank when he said his "friend that is a girl" didn't show up. It literally made me feel so sad for him. I told him I was sorry she didn't come... he said not to worry! Why? Because, he had a "backup plan"! He is so funny. He met up with his guy friends and they all stood around and talked and Callum even danced too! I am so proud of him for walking into that gym after not being at the school all that long and having a great time. I am proud of him for not letting it get him down eventhough his "date" didn't show. Afterwards, we went to eat at Taco Bell and talked and got every detail. He is a great kid and I really look forward to getting him ready for many dances to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!