John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Friday, February 25, 2011

Five on Friday 02-25-11

Here is this week's Five On Friday! I got the link HERE if you would like to participate and create your own Friday 5 blog. I hope you each have a Fun Friday, friends!

Before I get started on this week's topic, I want to tell you why I am doing these blogs on Fridays. I know it seems silly and the questions are completely random, but that is what I love about it. I am writing these blogs so that I can have them printed into an album. The albums will one day find themselves in the hands of my little boys. One day, when I am long gone, they can read how I felt about certain things and get to know little things about me through some of these blogs. I think one day they will really appreciate that they have this to hold on to and look through. So with no further ado (and yes, that is how you spell it)....


This week's topic: And The Winner Is...


1. Who in your life should win Best Director for his or her work in 2010? **God. He has been a pretty good Director for my family this past year. We went through a lot and were blessed a lot all because he led us to where he wanted us to be. I am glad we let him navigate and “direct” our paths…after all, he wrote the whole story… may as well let him direct it too!**

2. Who in your life should win Best Actor and Actress in Supporting Roles for their performances in 2010? **Best Supporting Actor--John. He lives with me and puts up with me. Enough said. Well, that and that he supports me no matter what. He is available to me if I just need an ear to listen, a shoulder to cry on, or someone to completely lean on. Best Supporting Actress—My Mom. She wins this one. Easily. For all the same reasons as I listed above plus the fact that she helps me with the kids so much. She keeps Samuel twice a week and he adores going to her house. He asks me if today is “nana’s house day” every.single.morning. He loves going to her house and spending time with her by himself. She also picks up Callum and Kobe three times a week and sees to it that they get home from school safe and sound. She does a whole lot more too… I couldn’t list it all.**

3. For what 2010 project, display, or outfit will you win the Best Visual Effects award? **Project. Our Bedroom. I went in one Saturday morning, shut the door and didn’t come back out until I had re-done the entire room. I re-arranged furniture, painted, and hung pictures on the walls. I consider this my best…especially since I had only painted a room one other time in my whole life…which was the weekend prior to this project.**

4. What terrific display of self-restraint or self-correction in 2010 earns you the Best Editor award? **I was Born Again. Is there a better form of self-correction?**

5. Of these Best Picture nominees, which title could best serve as the title of your 2010: 127 Hours, Black Swan, The Fighter, Inception, The Kids are All Right, The King’s Speech, The Social Network, Toy Story 3, True Grit, or Winter’s Bone? **The Kids are All Right. I use this one because…they are. They have two parents who love each other and them. Callum came to live with us full time in 2010 and is doing well at home and doing better at school with each passing day. Kobe is growing physically, emotionally, and mentally every single day and is really a joy to be around. Samuel is my little happy, wild man. He is a happy little boy and getting smarter and sweeter every time I look at him. They have a wonderful church family and are learning about the love of Jesus. They live in a home full of love, they have great teachers at church, and each of them have some awesome teachers helping guide them at school. I would say that The Kids are Definitely All Right.**

2 comments:

  1. I love these and your reason for doing them..its so easy to miss the small details about ourselves and these will be extra special to your boys one day...keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reason I love them is that these are not questions or topics we would normally discuss so it gives them a little about me that otherwise they wouldn't know... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment!