John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday 01-27-2011

Another week almost over, these weeks are just flying by waaaaay to quickly!
Here is my current list of things I am thankful for this week:

1. Jesus! He is my strong tower, shelter over me! Beautiful and Holy and His face is all I seek!

2. My Family. So very thankful for John and my children. I truly couldn't imagine my life being any other way.

3. My Parents. I am so blessed to have two parents who don't mind pitching in and helping me get my children where they are supposed to be on time, taking medicine to a child at school who has a headache, making sure they get picked up from school three days a week and most of all... just loving all of us!

4. My Church Family. I am so glad that I have the church family that I have. They are all so loving and welcoming and caring. I have made some great friends at church. I love our pastors and their willingness to bring the Word to us each and every time we meet.

5. Reconnecting. I have recently began talking with a couple of "old" friend and we have so much in common. It is good for moms to lean on one another and be able to talk and hang out for a little while with no interruptions. I am so excited about  GROWN UP GIRLS ONLY TIME this Saturday with one of my new/old friends! I can't wait!

6. Carry-Out Pizza. So glad I can just zip through and pick up a pizza on the way home some nights. I mean, sometimes I just don't feel like cooking and yesterday was just one of those days.

7. Unexpected Quality Time With My Children. Since school was delayed due to "snow" this week I got some extra time with "my three sons" and it was great. We talked, laughed, and ate fresh cinnamon rolls and took our time getting ready to leave the house. I wish more mornings could start that way.

8. Prayer. I am glad that I believe in the power of prayer and that Jesus Christ sits at the right hand of God and is in intercession for all of us throughout our day.

9. Dressy/Casual Dress-Code at Work. All of us normally dress up.  By "dress up" I mean dress pants, sweaters, nice blouses, jackets, or twin sets with the occasional skirt and sundresses and flip-flops in the summer. I dress up Monday through Thursday, but on Friday I really enjoy having the option of blue jeans! It nice to be able to throw on a pair of jeans and a sweater or your favorite team sweatshirt and come to work comfortable. I can't wait for capri pants and flip flop weather either! :)

10. Good Manners/Customer Service.  Often when I come face to face with people at a check out lane or purchase counter,or just walking in a parking lot they just aren't that friendly anymore. I am glad and very thankful when I come across people that are still nice,courteous, and genuine. I try to smile at everyone I make contact with, even if it is just eye contact. It may seem weird to them but it seems weird to me that sometimes they just look straight through me. This is sort of sad but the other day I went to Wal-Mart for a few items and left the children at home with John and the sweet lady I always try to go get to check me out asked where they were. I mean, she has great customer service. There is no telling how many people she sees on a daily basis but she asked me, "Where are those two cute boys of yours?". Now, that is customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!