John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday 01-20-2011

My Top Ten Things I am Thankful for on This very cold and dreary Thursday:

1. Jesus! I am so thankful that God so loved the world that he gave his only Son to die on the cross for our sins so that we may spend eternity with HIM.

2. My Husband. He has worked so hard this week to provide for our family and worked long hours that have not gone unappreciated. He has come in late and gotten up early almost every single day this week. I am very thankful for a husband who wants to take care of his family. I am also thankful for a husband who even after working very long hours still comes home and helps kids with homework and bedtime routines.

3. My sweet kids! I love hearing their stories (although some are obviously made up) and talking to them about the best and worst thing of the day around our dinner table every night. I love that even when we go to a restaurant to eat my children still want to say the blessing! Samuel has proudly become our designated one to say the blessing. He is the sweetest when he says it too! He even stopped the snack during Sunday School at church to tell them he needed to say a blessing. I love that Kobe still wants to cuddle with me on the couch and hug me and kiss me. I know a day is coming, sooner than I would like to think, that he won't want to do that anymore. Callum is growing more and more responsible every single day and is showing how much he cares for others.  "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. "~Elizabeth Stone

4. My Parents. I am very thankful for my parents and every single thing they do for my family. I am thankful that they raised me in church so that I would know how to raise my family too. I am thankful that they love me, John, and all of the children and truly want to spend time with us and see us.

5. The Praise and Worship Team at Church of the Shoals! I love spending time worshipping the Lord every single service with this group of talented people. I really look forward to hearing them and singing and worshipping with them. I love my church family and our pastors so much!

6. Lunchables. Lunchables have just saved me this week. I mean, those new ones with the chicken fingers and sub sandwiches that include every single thing down to the Kool-aid packet for your water... WOW! No more making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at my house. They have always enjoyed the crackers and ham/turkey ones but these are great! Callum and Kobe sometimes want to take their lunch but once the new lunchables have come out... it is much more often now.

7. My DVR. I know that is a weird thing to be thankful for but I rarely sit down before the children's bedtime so I would never get to watch any of "my shows" without it. The kids love it too. They have all of their favorite episodes and some favorite movies on standby...just in case!

8.  Jobs. I am thankful John and I both have jobs that we enjoy and can provide for our family. I am lucky to have a job that allows me to attend events with my children or just stay home if they are out of school.

9. Friends. I am thankful to have a few really good friends. Some have always been my friends and some I have just met and some I have become friends with through John... no matter which category... I am so thankful for them.

10. Great Educators. I am thankful for the teachers that take time to understand children. That truly care and try to help and really teach them things. Sometimes, those things may not be one of the "three R's" either. It could be a good lesson in doing the right thing or simply telling the truth.

I enjoy writing Thankful Thursdays because when you start listing what you are thankful for and all the blessings you have received you just automatically start feeling happier and have a great outlook on the day and life in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!