John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday 01-13-2011

I started this post a long time ago on Myspace. Then I began doing it on Facebook and a forum I belong to... so now, I will begin it here on my blog. It is a fun and often times humbling way to remember that if you count your blessings one by one ... you will see the great things the Lord has done! I always try to list at least ten things that I am thankful for that week. You should all give it a try. It can be anything from your favorite sandwich to your family or a new opportunity. So here goes my top ten things I am thankful for on this freezing cold Thursday:

1.Jesus-- I am so thankful for the unconditional love of the Lord! I am so happy that Jesus forgives us and loves us completely... flaws and all! Thank you God, for sending us your only Son to die for our sins!

2. My husband and my children--They have a unique ability to make me laugh with the simplest of actions. It seems that I have a little "inside joke" with each of them and even when one of us is in the worst of moods or lowest of lows we can say one sentence and have the other one laughing through the tears!

3. My Parents-- My parents have helped me in so many ways that I could not begin to list them on this blog. They have been there for me when no one else was and have helped make me the wife,mom,employee, friend, Christian that I am today. They obviously only got better with time... just ask my children!

4. My friends-- It is so funny that when I was younger my dad told me that I would be lucky if when I was older I had enough "true friends" that I could fill up one hand counting them. Back then, I thought he was crazy. I had so many friends I couldn't even count them... now I know how right he was and how rare it is to find someone that is a "true friend" and there for you no matter what the circumstance or time of day. "A true friend walks in when everyone else walks out." I am very thankful for my few true friends.

5. My Job-- I am so thankful to even have a job right now. I am even more thankful that I have a job that I truly enjoy the actual work I do everyday. I am so thankful that the Lord made me wait until this opportunity came along to move me into a different position in life.

6. Higher Gas Bills-- I know most people reading this just did a double take. Most people wouldn't be very thankful for a higher gas bill... but that means that my family is warm when they come in from the cold, warm at the dinner table when we eat, warm when they go to bed, and warm when they wake up!

7. My vehicle-- Thank you Lord for a dependable vehicle that gets my children to school in the morning and me to work and back to my family each night!

8. My Mom's Potato Soup-- Thankful that my mom made that delicious potato soup again! Thankful for leftovers for lunches too!

9. A Loving Church Family-- I am so blessed to have a loving church family that encourages me and my family and for a pastor who always delivers a Word that I can understand and that really means something to me!

10. My Home-- I am so thankful that we have a home that keeps us dry, warm, and safe! It may not be the best or the biggest on the block but it is filled to the brim with love and laughter (most days)!

There you have it. My top ten things I am thankful for on this Thankful Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!