John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Faux Snow Day Delay

The school decided yesterday to delay school starting this morning for two hours due to the several inches of snow that was in the forecast for our area. This morning I woke up with ease instead of being jolted awake by the most hated sound on the planet: my alarm clock! I woke up and found my Sweet Samuel in the bed with me and noticed that it was after eight o clock in the morning. WOW! Everyone was still asleep.  I realized there was NO snow or anything else, just a break from our everyday routine. So, I took my time getting ready and waking them all up. Once everyone was up we strolled around at our leisure and talked, laughed, and chatted. I made cinnamon rolls and we ate them hot and fresh straight out of the oven with cold milk. We all got to enjoy a weekday breakfast at our dining room table together...unrushed! It was nice to talk and laugh with the kids before work and school. We normally are so rushed we barely get to see each other let alone eat and talk together. I really enjoyed this morning and I am so glad I got to start this day off in such a great way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!