John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cold Raine-y Days make fun Snow Days!

My children have never seen snow in their little lives like they have in the past few weeks. Let me re-phrase that: I have never even seen snow in Alabama like I have in the past weeks. I have to admit, I was very skeptical when the weather reports were calling for 3 inches of snow and then when they increased it to even more... I really had my doubts. But just like they said, Sunday night the snow started falling from the sky and within a few hours we had up to four inches of snow. I decided to do something that we may never have a chance to do again: We went outside to play in the snow at 10:00 at night! It was beautiful. The sky was still dumping snow on us and we had such a great time just running around and throwing snowballs and just looking at the snow. School was called out and work was cancelled so that meant that we were free to play all day long on Monday! After staying up so late playing the night before, we all took advantage of no school and no work and slept in. Once we all got up and going I made a big breakfast to warm and fill our tummys and out the door we went. I even left the dishes in the sink and for all of you who know me... you know that is a BIG deal for me! :) My mom and dad made their way over with sleds and a four wheeler so we took off sledding. It was so much fun. I even said a sentence that I used to say when I was little :"I want to do that again!" The boys had a blast and so did the adults. After several hours of playing in the snow, we came in and I made some chili and we watched Karate Kid. It was such a memorable and fun day. I am so thankful to have had that time with my whole family. We are at home again today but unfortunately, not everyone is as excited as yesterday. I think everyone is ready to get back to "life as usual" and get back on our schedules. I am enjoying this time with my family but if we don't get back to work and school soon then we may never want to go back. Too bad we can't all be a "stay at home family"!
This morning we have had, as Sam calls it, Breakfast soup (oatmeal) and eggs and bacon and we are all just lounging doing our own things. There are only two things on today's agenda: 1. Have fun 2. Build a snowman!

Thank you Jesus for this beautiful snow and family time.



My dogs

John and the boys ready to go sledding!


Chief watching me being pulled on a sled


My dad and Samuel ready to ride!


Me and the boys!


Samuel



The guys being pulled by the four wheeler!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!